This opportunity will work in the Petrochemicals Division of distribution and investment company in Houston. Once the new employee learns the company’s documentation process, products and logistics, the next step in their career path will be a promotion to Petrochemical Marketing Analyst. This could take 6 months to one year to move into the more advanced role.
The employee would report to the Sr. VP & GM Commodity Chemicals, which currently consists of six individuals in this petrochemical department.
Territory: The Americas with a focus on the US Gulf Coast.
Business Profile: Focused on importing petrochemical products in liquid form from Asian markets, then selling products to oil company refiners and other users of Feedstock products.
Customer Base: Major oil companies, refineries, small trading companies and distributors
Offer support to the US petrochemicals business. The company is seeking to hire someone from the petrochemicals industry with experience in logistics, marketing and business development. This person must understand transportation, supply chain and logistics. This is a career growth opportunity for a junior person with a college degree and 1-3 years working in the petrochemical industry.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Support daily petrochemical product deliveries and documentation.
- Communicating with customers, surveyors, forwarders etc. to insure smooth delivery of petrochemical products. Products are imported in liquid form.
- Support Aromatics import business to maximize the trade volume and profit.
- Interface daily with Tokyo and London company offices in order to insure secure supply and timely product delivery to US markets.
- Explore and identify new petrochemicals business opportunities.
- Conduct market trends and competitive analysis.
- Develop and build relationships with customers and suppliers.
Required Travel: 20-25% travel to visit with customers and attend trade shows in the Americas (US, Canada, Mexico and Latin America) also limited travel to Tokyo and Europe.
Qualified candidates should submit their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the reference number 102493 in your email.
Please feel free to share with your network or any connections that are looking for a new opportunity.